Monday, October 14, 2019

Trust in the Lord


5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6  KJV)

Lately, I’ve been reflecting on my trust in God. Yes, I say I trust Him, and I believe that I do, but am I truly living a life that reflects that trust? How often do I spend time worrying about things I have no control over? How often do I ask God for help, and then continue to worry about the problem? Do I not think God is powerful enough? Do I not trust that my God is faithful? I think that the answer is simply that I am flesh and blood. I am human. 

When I am having trouble trusting God, I meditate on Proverbs 3:5-6. It reminds me that I can lean on God. I can put my complete trust in Him. I just need to acknowledge Him and He will direct my path. I was reading from one of my favorite books, The Christian’s Secret to a Happy Life, the other day. The chapter I was reading focused on trusting God. The author points out that there are two jobs. Our job is the trusting. We are to trust God. That’s it! Totally and completely trust God. God’s job is the doing. Isn’t that wonderful? God has it in His power to take care of any problem, or situation that life can through at us. Thank you Lord! Thank you!

I pray that you always remember that God loves you and that you can trust Him. He will not fail you. Take your cares to the foot of the cross and leave them there. God Bless you always!

No comments:

Post a Comment