Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Waiting on God


Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord! (Psalm 27:14 ESV)

This morning’s reading of Our Daily Bread got me thinking and reflecting on waiting. Like most people, I don’t like waiting. I don’t like to wait in line; wait for a phone call; wait for dinner time; and other kinds of daily waiting situations, but there are times when it is extremely hard for me to wait. It is hard when I know someone needs God’s healing, especially if that person is a member of my family or even myself. It is hard for me to wait on God’s plan when I see someone having a difficult time (financially, living situation, heartbreak, etc.). What am I waiting for? I am waiting for God to intervene, for God to “fix it,” for God to make everything better. Is this too much to ask, to hope for, to expect? No, I don’t think so, because I know that God is an awesome and powerful God, so what is my problem?

My problem is that, while I trust God, I don’t always remember that His timing is perfect; that His plan is perfect; that He is in control. Why can’t I get this? I know it to be true, and once things are back on track I can always see how God worked it all for the good. I don’t have all of the answers, which is why I am simply reflecting, but I know that I want and need to continue to grow in this area. I find the scripture noted above to be helpful, but here are couple more scriptures that I want and need to meditate on to help me grow in the area of waiting on God. Maybe they will help you too.

But as for me, I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me. (Micah 7:7 ESV)

But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40:31 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment